Dates – 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month from 2.00-3.30pm [will restart evening workshops if at least two people commit to coming] Next session Tuesday 17th January 2023
Location – Sea Road, Abergele. Parking in Tesco car park.
Cost – £10 per person per session.
Contact Diane either via text on 07792460329 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure a place
Some idea of how Barefoot groups function
Please note this is group for people who want to enjoy writing, enjoy sharing about writing and having some fun. I encourage those who come to explore life, ideas, thoughts, concepts, themselves etc through the medium of creative writing.
Format of each session
- Each session follows a similar formula –
- sharing some home work
- some wild writing – in which I will give a prompt either as a start of a sentence, an idea or a picture and then the group writes for 2-5 mins. This work isn’t for sharing
- Next comes a concept, idea, technique to do with writing which I share and then we talk around
- Then for 10-15 mins the group writes in silence around this topic and this work is often shared and discussed
- I will then set homework of usually 500-1000 words based on the topic
Diane helped me get back to writing again with useful exercises and gentle encouragement. The group sessions are also instrumental in keeping the momentum – we all look forward to see what each person has to share – Lindsey Thomas, Abergele, with Barefoot At The Kitchen Table since 2018
Diane is one of life’s encouragers and that’s what she does in spades in the writing workshops she runs. She makes them interesting and fun, putting everyone at their ease. No matter how rubbish I might think something I’ve written is, she will always find something in it worth developing. One comes away from the workshops inspired – Dot Patterson, Llanddulas, with Barefoot At The Kitchen Table since 2017
Thank you Diane, I had such a fabulous evening, the group is so welcoming and easy going. It was great to hear everyone’s work and I am so happy to have positive feedback on my poem, especially from like minded people. Adele Thackray, Belgrano, August 2021